Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


The Rules:
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) or so "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page. 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author too, so that other TT readers can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teasers.

THE LIGHTENING THIEF
rick riordan

TEASER:
"I heard the woman's voice again: Percy, take the sword. Your father believes in you. This time, I knew the voice wasn't in my head. I wasn't imagining it. Her words seemed to come from everywhere, rippling through the water like dolphin sonar.
'Where are you?' I called aloud.
Then, through the gloom, I saw her - a woman the color of the water, a ghost in the current, floating just above the sword. She had long billowing hair, and her eyes, barely visible, were green like mine.
A lump formed in my throat. I said, 'Mom?'"

MIDNIGHT SUN
stephenie meyer

TEASER:

"It was odd, the pain that image caused me. I couldn't understand it. Was I jealous, because she had a future that I could never have?"





0 comments:

Post a Comment