Friday, September 23, 2011

Follow Friday

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.


Q. Do you have a favorite series that you read over and over again? Tell us a bit about it and why you keep on revisiting it?





I sure do. I always find myself reading Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark hunter Series and Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake Series.
It was a toss up between the two, I tried to figure out which one I read more and they were both equal. 

There is just something about the books. It isn't all sexcapades, in the early work of Anita Blake it is mystery solving as he becomes something vampires fear and call her the Executioner, you are helpless but to continue on with her life and see what mess she is going to get herself into next.

With Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series you get a mix of god's/goddesses and alot of the time women saving the day. You get men who have had a brutal past and were betrayed so bad their souls cried out for retribution and Artemis obliges, keeping her favorite Atlantean god tied to her. 


They are just good reads of love and trials, that keep you on the edge of your seat. I will say this, they are no YA book. 


The first series that came to mind when I read this question was The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice.  I still haven't read them all, but I do own them and plan to read it.  For some reason there's always something that stops me when I get to The Vampire Armand.  One time I lost it, next time I let someone barrow it and they moved.  So I've never gotten past that one, with the exception of Blackwood Farm which I read out of order.  But this series is always one that I come back to.  I've read the books leading up to The Vampire Armand at least three times already.  And every single time I learn and find new things.  I love Rice because she creates such vast and exciting worlds.  It's easy to get lost in  her characters and settings.
The Twilight Saga.  There was no way I couldn't name this one.  I fell in love with Twilight as soon as I read the very first page.  When I bought the book, the series wasn't popular.  I literally had to travel out of state to find Twilight, went to a few different stores to find New Moon, and eventually had to buy Eclipse online because I couldn't find it in a store.  By the time Breaking Dawn came out, the series had gotten more notice and it was pretty easy to purchase that one.  Anyways, When I bought the first book, I didn't want to read it yet because I didn't have the second one.  My boyfriend at the time was being a butt and playing video games while at my house, so I decided to read the first chapter.  I finished the book later that night and have been hooked ever since.





7 comments:

  1. @ Jess - LMAO at your "I will say this, they are no YA book" comment. That they aren't!

    Have a great FF! (I'm a new follower)

    Tania @ Wandering Hues

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel bad, I don't know any of these series! I just checked them out, though, and the Hunters one might just be my thing...

    Thanks for the post!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. So cool that you read Twilight so early. I didn't get into it until 2 months before the first movie came out. I wish I'd known about it sooner.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Follow Friday!

    I hope you will stop by and check out our twitter event going on today!
    http://OurBooksOurVoice.Blogspot.com

    Sincerely,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping by!
    Loved the early Rice books!


    New Follower!
    http://queenlibrary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had time to read everything on my TBR plus time for reading books over again. A girl can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi hopping through, hoping you will follow me back at http://www.beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com thks in advance

    ReplyDelete